What is Talcum Powder Used For?
Talcum powder is a widely used cosmetic and personal care product known for its moisture-absorbing properties. It must undergo a stringent sieving process to ensure its safety, quality, and consistency. In this article, we’ll explore some of the significant issues some of our customers face while screening talcum powder and how Elcan’s cutting-edge advanced sieving technologies provide the perfect solution to companies looking to sieve Talc with high throughput rates, 98%+ yields, and efficiencies.
What are Some Issues Companies Face Sieving Talcum Powder?
Many companies that turn to Elcan for toll processing Talc usually have these same three primary complaints.
- Mesh Blinding: Screen mesh blinding is one of the most common complaints our customers face when trying to sieve talc powder at fine sizes due to the fine particle size of talc. The mesh screens used in sieving equipment can become blinded or clogged, reducing the efficiency and leading to lower yields during the sieving process.
- Process Efficiency: The sieving process must be efficient and capable of handling large volumes of talc while maintaining consistent product quality. Inefficient sieving can result in production bottlenecks, increased costs, and product inconsistency.
- Maintaining Consistent Particle Size: A uniform distribution is vital for talcum powder quality and performance. Manufacturers must implement a precise sieving process to ensure particle size consistency throughout production. This is where many companies fall short because their screening technologies need more energy to sieve talc efficiently at fine sizes without screen mesh blinding.
Benefits of Sieving & Screening Talc at Elcan Industries
Companies turn to Elcan Industries for their toll-sieving services because we are the industry leaders in the high-efficiency sieving of fine powders. Elcan has been sieving Talc for companies for over 20 years at various sizes, but the most common size has been 44um. Elcan can offer higher throughput rates and yields of over 98% because of our advanced sieving technology, the Hi-Sifter. Unlike other old vibratory sieving machines and ultrasonics, Elcan’s Hi-Sifter has an extremely strong vertical vibration, allowing for high-efficiency rates and throughputs without any screen mesh blinding or the need for balls and sliders.
Our advanced sieving machines minimize downtime and increase manufacturing output with quick and easy screen mesh changes power-sifting machines minimize downtime and increase manufacturing output. Elcan industries advanced sieving machines allow companies to efficiently sieve powders down to 10um on a large scale with yields over 98% and extremely high throughput rates. This is one of the many reasons why Elcan is known as the industry leader in powder-sifting performance. In some cases, Elcan has successfully separated materials as fine as 5um using our Hi-Sifter sieving technologies without screen mesh blinding.
At Elcan Industries, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible screening solutions. Whether you need a high-end custom built screening machine, we have the expertise and experience to deliver precisely what you need. So if you’re looking for an efficient, reliable, and easy screening machine, look no further.
To set up a trial to benchmark how much better your material will perform on our screening equipment, you can contact us to schedule a test.
Call today to schedule your trial!
Features & Benefits
- Higher Yields: Advanced toll processing equipment that is capable of higher yields and efficiencies over conventional sieves and classifiers
- New Products: ability to develop new products and bring them to market without being capitally committed to new equipment
- Direct Shipping: Elcan can ship direct to customers to avoid added shipping fees.
- Custom Packaging: Customized packaging and labeling formats available for any customer specification.
- Daily Communication: Instant feedback on product performance and daily reports generated from the lab.
- Diversity in Material Handling: Capable of handling material in various feed and finished packaging formats, Just ask!